Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2012

cauli flower fry

Hi friends,
           Today I am going to share with you the recipe of cauliflower fry. At our house we don't like refrigerated food. So each day my husband calls me on his way back home to ask me what to buy for the next day. Most of the times I will have decided what I am going to cook the next day. But if I had lot of work, I would let him decide what to buy. And I can be almost certain that he would buy cauliflower, when I let him decide. Because he likes cauliflower no matter how I make it in sambar, as a fry,a side dish or a snack.And this is one of his favorite cauliflower dishes. I prefer this to other recipes with cauliflower as this is much easier compared to the rest.Yesterday too he called me to ask what to buy. Well I was busy with preparing question papers for the upcoming mid-term test. so I told him to buy anything you want. And obviously he chose to buy cauliflower. Since I had a lot of work, I opted to this simple recipe.So here it is.




Ingredients:
  • 1 cauliflower
  • 3 tsp of oil
  • 1 onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 tsp of mustard seed
  • 1/4 tsp of black gram
  • 1 1/2 tsp of split black gram
  • 1 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp of coriander powder
  • salt
 Method:
  • clean the cauliflower and break it into  small pieces.
  • heat oil in a pan.
  • Add mustard seeds and split black gram, wait till it splutters.
  • Add crushed garlic  and chopped onion  fry them well.
  • Now add chopped cauliflower, Close the pan and let the cauliflower cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
  • Then open the pan and add chilly powder, coriander powder and mix them well.
  • Now close the pan again  and keep it in simmer for another 5 minutes.
  • Take the cauliflower off the stove and garnish it.
My suggestions:
       It is a suitable side dish for all rice with gravy or for the variety rice too. Even we can have it for our snack.

Note:
       Do you know how to clean  the cauliflower? I'll tell you. Just boil the water in a pan and add the chopped cauliflower in it for a minute and drain it. Now its clean and ready to cook.

Do you think you are a bigger fan of cauliflower than my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment