In my childhood days, my mom used to prepare paal kozhukattai. At that time , I thought that this dish contains milk. Later When I prepared myself, its surprise to know that milk is not added in paal kozhukattai. Lets see how to prepare paal kozhukattai.
- 350g of par boiled rice (Puzhungal rice)
- 250g of sugar
- 3 cardamom
- A cup of scrapped coconut
- Wash and soak the rice for an hour.
- Drain and dry it in shadow.
- Dry grind the rice.
- Add water and make dough like chapathi.
- Make small balls out of it.
- Heat two glasses of water, add sugar and stir it well.Wait till the sugar syrup boils.
- Now add the balls one by one in to the sugar syrup. Cook them in a small flame until the kozhukattai becomes soft.
- Take a small ball of rice dough, add water and mix them well to the milk consistency.
- Add the rice milk, scrapped coconut and cardamom powder into the kozhukattais .
- Mix them and cook them in slow fire for another five minutes.
- Now the tasty milk kozhukattai is ready.
- When you add kzhukattais in the sugar syrup, don't add all the kozhukattai at a time. If you do so, all the kozhukattais will stick to each other.
- Do not stir the kozhukattais as soon as you add them in the sugar syrup. If you do so, the kozhukattais will break. Stir them after few seconds.
Try it and let me know how it came out.