Sunday is not only a day to relax ourselves. It is the day to enjoy the spicy food too. So I prepare chicken or mutton. I learnt this South Indian Mutton Gravy Recipe from my father. He used to prepare once in a week. It will be always very good in taste and flavor. So after my marriage also I do the Mutton Gravy in the same method. My husband and children love the Mutton Gravy. Lets see how to prepare the simple South Indian Mutton Gravy.
Cooking time: 45 min
Serves: 2 people
- mutton 250g
- small onion / sambar onion 150g
- tomato (small ) - 2
- a ladle of oil
- turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder 2 tsp
- salt to taste
- a small piece of ginger
- pepper 1tsp
- cumin 1tsp
- coriander seed 1tsp
- scrapped coconut 5 tsp
- Wash and cut the mutton into small pieces.Pressure cook the mutton for 15 minutes.
- Roast pepper and coriander seed in a pan for 3 minutes and add cumin and fry them for another 2 minutes.
- Fry the scrapped coconut with a teaspoon of oil..
- Grind the roasted pepper, coriander, cumin and coconut with the small piece of ginger in the mixer grinder.
- Head oil in a pan and fry onion to golden brown .
- Add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and saute it for two minutes.
- Add the ground masala paste, boiled mutton and chilli powder.
- Cook the Mutton Gravy for ten minutes in a low flame.
- Now the Aattu Kari Kuzhambu is ready to serve.
- It goes well with rice,iddli, paratha, roti, puri, and dosa.
- I love to eat with rice.